OpenSCAP Error: Conversion of the string "-" to an integer (64 bits) failed: Invalid argument [oval_cmp.c:113]

Jackson, George C III CTR DISA PEO-MA (US) george.c.jackson1.ctr at mail.mil
Tue May 27 20:54:47 UTC 2014

Simon,

Actually it still doesn't work with the latest
scap-security-guide-0.5.0-InitialDraft.tar.gz I downloaded directly from the
git repo this morning. If I use the oscap from Red Hat's
openscap-1.0.8-1.el6_5.x86_64 with the cmd line of:

oscap xccdf eval --profile stig-rhel6-server-upstream --results
hera101-results.xml --report hera101-report.html --cpe
/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel6-cpe-dictionary.xml
/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel6-xccdf.xml

I still get:

Profile "stig-rhel6-server-upstream" was not found.

If I do the same with --profile stig-server or --profile server I get output
on a few checks but then error out with

OpenSCAP Error: Selector ID(ensure_logrotate_activated) does not exist in
Benchmark. [xccdf_policy.c:1904]
Selector ID(service_postfix_enabled) does not exist in Benchmark.
[xccdf_policy.c:1904]

So I went back to the oscap I compiled which didn't give any errors but every
check gave a "Result: notapplicable". I compiled with:

./configure --enable-cce --enable-sce

so I still don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

George Jackson
Cluster Technical Lead
Centaur Operations
Northrop Grumman IS