Scap for Centos

Andrew Gilmore agilmore2 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 22:14:31 UTC 2014

I don't get it. Reading this line from the FAQ
"No, CentOS releases will follow shortly after the release of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux source. "
leads me to believe that CentOS will be largely usable as it has been, as a
free, completely compatible version of RHEL. Yes, with challenges in errata
availability, but that's the use case.

Suggesting that CentOS is going to be *upstream* of RHEL suggests several
other valuable, but completely different, uses. I'm not sure this is a
great move, as I see bigger challenges coming from the free and polished
desktop side (*cough* Ubuntu).

RHEL 7 should be very interesting.