Scap for Centos

Shawn Wells shawn at redhat.com
Thu May 22 21:13:07 UTC 2014

On 5/22/14, 5:06 PM, Shawn Wells wrote:

> On 5/22/14, 3:43 PM, Derek Warner wrote:
>> Any chance anyone is working on getting SCAP to work on CENTOS? I
>> would love to use the scap security guide and secstate to validate
>> CENTOS 6.5. Right now its a manual process going line by line in the
>> RHEL 5 STIG. I would really love to find out if anyone has anything
>> automated that works on CENTOS.
>
> Given that CentOS isn't allowed on DoD networks, there is no STIG, no
> common criteria, no support, and doesn't meet any of the mandatory
> regulatory requirements, what's driving the need?

(p.s. Yes, that was worded a little silly, but I'm serious (and not just
because I'm @redhat.com))

And actually, this does bring up a good question: have many people been
briefed on the Fedora/CentOS/RHEL roadmap and divergence? It's an area
that RHT is extremely passionate to inform customers and partners on. If
there's interest, I might be able to setup a community call and bring in
the CentOS/RHEL leaders to chat about future plans.