"notapplicable" in scap results?

Greg Elin gregelin at gitmachines.com
Thu May 22 20:46:47 UTC 2014

We ran a couple different RHEL profiles on CentOS 6.4 virtual machine and
received "not applicable" for all results.

That's the first time I've seen nonapplicable and I'm trying understand
what it means. (I know it means not applicable, but I want to make sure we
don't have a configuration issue set incorrectly.)

Here's what we ran:

*oscap xccdf eval --profile DOD_baseline_1.0.0.1 --cpe
dcb-rhel5_cpe-dictionary.xml --results result.xml --oval-results
dcb-rhel5_xccdf.xml*

Sample below.