SCAP & STIG Workshop Basebox

Shawn Wells shawn at redhat.com
Thu May 22 01:53:40 UTC 2014

On 5/21/14, 7:54 AM, Greg Elin wrote:
> Shawn,
Many here can help, no need to address just to me :) Although, I do tend
to reply to EMails here much faster than my inbox....

> Is there a publicly available Virtual Machine for SCAP & STIG Workshop
> available?
> I was reading the workbook pdf online and would love to go through the
> training self-directed, if that is possible.

We spun up EC2 VMs for the various workshops last year. Nothing persistent.

Not related to SSG directly, but corporately RHT has the Partner Demo
System which spins up on-demand instances of various RHT technologies.
Anyone who has signed up as a RHT partner gets access:
http://www.redhat.com/partners/partner-enablement/

There's also the RHEL developer subscriptions:
https://www.redhat.com/apps/store/developers/rhel_developer_suite.html

And, sadly, I'll acknowledge it... there's always removing the CPE
checks from the content and using CentOS.