19-MAY DISA RHEL6 STIG rebase

Greg Elin gregelin at gitmachines.com
Tue May 20 14:29:47 UTC 2014

Shawn,

For those of still on the learning curve in this area, could you explain
how this announcement impacts everything? I'd be happy to put together a
blog post / tutorial for GovReady to explain.

DISA updates RHEL 6 STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide).

What's upstream and downstream from each other?

Where does a person go to get *started* with the STIG? Where does a person
go to *update* their work, how do you update?

What does the OVAL integration really mean? How does a person take
advantage of it?

How does STIG impact USG baselines? What is the relationship to other
baselines like the CIS baselines?

Greg Elin
personal cell: 917-304-3488
personal email: greg at fotonotes.net