Choosing security policy in the installer as a proposed Fedora 21 feature

Vratislav Podzimek vpodzime at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 08:08:58 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 18:19 -0400, Shawn Wells wrote:
> On 3/12/14, 4:53 AM, Vratislav Podzimek wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> > I've just created a Fedora 21 feature proposal [1] with the goal of
> > adding the OSCAP Anaconda Addon and SCAP Security Guide to the
> > default/official Fedora 21 installer images (composes) to improve user
> > experience by allowing users to choose security policy for their newly
> > installed system and to promote the two projects, make them more widely
> > used and to attract more developers and contributors.
> >
> > [1]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SecurityPolicyInTheInstaller
>
> This is awesome!
>
> I'm not particularly familiar with the Fedora feature proposal process.
> What can we (the various communities) do to support this?
The feature should be announced today on fedora mailing lists (devel
and devel-announce) where a discussion all over the community may
happen. No discussion means accepted, but if there are some complaints
or worries we would need to deal with them and explain that it is a
good and safe change.

--
Vratislav Podzimek