[Open-scap] openscap HTML report redesign

Martin Preisler mpreisle at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 08:32:25 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

This is a bug and will be fixed. It is supposed to say which profile but it doesn't work right now. Good catch!

> Plus one reaction wrt to the search window / image - you search for "RPM"
> substring. Could you describe the behaviour? Does it finds the first rule
> having the substring? After pressing next, would it move to next occurrence?
> Is there such "Next" button? (yet maybe providing capability to support
> searches:
> * to the bottom of the page,
> * to the top of the page

Searching works as follows:
1) you write your keywords
2) keywords are tokenized
3) javascript loops over all result details looking for a match, right now that's just title and ID, it's trivial to add more (identifiers, description)
4) the result details that don't match are hidden along with their rule overview counterparts, they simply don't show up any more
5) the result details that match are kept as they are

So Next / Prev is unnecessary, you can just scroll the page to view all matches. I have already been accused of doing interactive GUI in HTML so I would prefer not to implement any extensive search functionality with next and prev buttons and such. :-) Furthermore, I think this is expected and standard behaviour on web sites nowadays.

--
Martin Preisler