bug in html report

Simon Lukasik isimluk at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 16 06:02:00 UTC 2014

On 07/15/2014 06:24 PM, Kordell, Luke T wrote:
> Hello,
>
>       I think there may be a bug in the way the pass/fail percentage is computed in the html results from an open-scap scan. Currently I am showing 192 passes, 0 fails and 0 errors, but am at 96.79%. Is this actually a bug or am I missing something else? I am going to attach my scan-results to this email, please let me know if you require any further information.
>
> Regards,
>
> Luke Kordell

Hello Luke,

Thanks for checking with us.

I agree with you that the behavior may not be intuitive. Although, it is
in line with XCCDF standard.

You have two rules which yielded 'unknown' result.

There multiple ways how to score TestResult. What you see is scoring in
accordance with urn:xccdf:scoring:default model. This model requires
that 'unknown' results are counted as not compliant.

In order to use another scoring model (i.e. flat model), please include

     <model system="urn:xccdf:scoring:flat"/>

in your Benchmark definition. OpenSCAP will then calculate flat score
during the evaluation.

Best regards,

--
Simon Lukasik