SSG Git repository content now tagged (for versions from 0.1-6 through to v0.1.18)

Jan Lieskovsky jlieskov at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 07:45:36 UTC 2014

Hello folks,

  jFYI mail that the content of SCAP Security Guide Git repository has been
equipped with RHEL release tags today (for versions from v0.1-6 up to the
most recent v0.1.18 one) [*]

The tags are visible at (tarballs are now available for download via version id):
  https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/scap-security-guide.git

and now it's also possible to use e.g. git describe:

  $ git describe
  v0.1.18-11-g3a4ed7b

to find out:
* which version is repository at (v0.1.18)
* how many (committed) changes there have been from v0.1.18 release (11)
* that this is a git managed version (g)
* and most recent commit identifier.

Starting from the next release (v0.1.19) I am considering to start using GPG signed tags --
let me know if these would be preferred / welcome?

Enjoy.

Thank you && Regards, Jan.
--
Jan iankko Lieskovsky / Red Hat Security Technologies Team

P.S.: [*] Older versions (X < 0.1-6) were intentionally kept untagged due the following two reasons:
          * they are using different versioning scheme (from v1.0-1 up to v1.0-5)
          * not that easy to identify particular commits making releases in these early SSG repository
            days