git push error: no DAV locking support

Rodney L. Mercer rmercer at harris.com
Wed Jan 29 19:34:20 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-29 at 14:16 -0500, Rodney L. Mercer wrote:

> On Wed, 2014-01-29 at 12:18 -0500, Shawn Wells wrote:
> > On 1/29/14, 10:46 AM, Rodney L. Mercer wrote:
> > > List Members:
> > >
> > > Can anyone give advise on overcoming this "git push" problem?
> > >
> > > [root at wahoo scap-security-guide]# git push -v
> > > Pushing to https://git.fedorahosted.org/git/scap-security-guide.git
> > > error: no DAV locking support on
> > > https://git.fedorahosted.org/git/scap-security-guide.git/
> > > fatal: git-http-push failed
> > >
> > > Here is my .git/config
> > > [root at wahoo scap-security-guide]# vim .git/config
> > >
> > > [core]
> > >          repositoryformatversion = 0
> > >          filemode = true
> > >          bare = false
> > >          logallrefupdates = true
> > > [remote "origin"]
> > >          fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
> > >          url = https://git.fedorahosted.org/git/scap-security-guide.git
> >
> > Use ssh for commit. e.g.:
> >
> > [remote "origin"]
> >          url = ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/scap-security-guide.git
> >          fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
> >

> > > [branch "master"]
> > >          remote = origin
> > >          merge = refs/heads/master
> > >

> > > TIA,
> > >
> > > Rodney.

> Do I need a login account setup on the server side:?
>
> Here is what I am now getting on the "git push":
> [root at wahoo scap-security-guide]# git push -v
> Pushing to ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/scap-security-guide.git
> Permission denied (publickey).
>
> Here is my "git config"
> [root at wahoo scap-security-guide]# git config --list
> user.name=Rodney Mercer
> user.email=rmercer at harris.com
> core.repositoryformatversion=0
> core.filemode=true
> core.bare=false
> core.logallrefupdates=true
> remote.origin.fetch=+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
> remote.origin.url=ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/scap-security-guide.git
> branch.master.remote=origin
> branch.master.merge=refs/heads/master

Sorry for the noise.
Looking through the Eric's latest commit to

docs/SCAP_and_STIG_Workshop/en-US/Content_Customization.xml

 I believe that I need to gain commit access.

+ <title>So, you wanna be a developer?</title>
+ <para>Welcome! Making changes to the project requires posting a patch
to the mailing list, so that it can be vetted. Once there, another
commit-level project member must issue acknowledgement (“ACK”) to accept
it, and then it can be pushed. Assuming another project member has not
issued a NACK in protest first, that is! The following instructions
assume familiarity with git and git-send-email, but project members are
happy to provide tips if you encounter any roadblocks.</para>
+ <para>To properly join the project you must first establish a few
required accounts:
+ <simplelist>
+ <member>Join the <ulink
url="https://fedorahosted.org/mailman/listinfo/scap-security-guide">mailing list</ulink>, it's how developers and users communicate.</member>
+ <member>Create your <ulink
url="https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/">FedoraHosted
account</ulink>. It formally registers you as a developer, and allows
you to upload your public SSH key (required for commits).</member>
+ <member>Once your FedoraHosted account is created, <ulink
url="https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/group/view/gitscap-security-guide">request membership to the SCAP Security Guide project</ulink>.</member>
+ <member>Lastly, review a few coding standards: How to Create a New
Guidance Item in XCCDF and How to Create a New Compliance Check in
OVAL</member>
+ </simplelist>
+ </para>
+ </section>