scan-result question

Kordell, Luke T luke.t.kordell at lmco.com
Thu Jan 2 18:44:08 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have two questions regarding scan results.

     1)  When reviewing the .xml and .html output how can I determine the cause of an error if the setting described in the rule is configured properly?     Does the scan output human-readable or even OVAL errors?

     2)  What is the difference between not checked, not applicable, unknown and not selected? I know not selected is when an inherited rule is specifically eliminated from an extended profile. Otherwise I would think it would either pass,fail or error.

Luke K