New report and guide in openscap 1.1.0

Andrew Gilmore agilmore2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 18:29:48 UTC 2014

I like the new look and functionality.

Two first blush comments:
1) On the report document, I can imagine my security officials freaking out
over the in-your-face "*The system is not compliant!*" text. What is the
recommended course to ensure this text does not appear if you're running
the scan on a webserver, for example? Is it as simple as creating a custom
profile derived from the STIG profile? Does anyone directly use the STIG
profile, have a completely compliant system, and have a server that
actually does anything useful?
Up to now, I've left tests in that I have waivers for, and then pointed at
the waivers to justify the test failures. Perhaps I will need to change
that practice.

2) On the guide document, the text beginning "Providing system
administrators" occurs twice.