remediating refined values

Kordell, Luke T luke.t.kordell at lmco.com
Tue Apr 22 19:52:53 UTC 2014

Hello,

     I have been testing SCAP remediation content generated on a base desktop RHEL 6.4 build against the CSCF-RHEL6-MLS profile and have noticed the generated scripts appear to contain the default rule content rather than the refined value. Rather than using the fix option I am manually generating the remediation script so that it can be reviewed before it is run. Has anyone else had an  issue with this? I will include a copy of the remediation script I have generated. If you notice the remediation script lists var_accounts_password_minlen_login_defs="14" while in the CSCF profile I have it refined to 12.

Luke