Frank Caviggia - Reporting for Duty (SCAP-SECURITY-GUIDE)

fcaviggi at redhat.com fcaviggi at redhat.com
Fri Sep 20 17:06:04 UTC 2013

Hello,

I recently joined Red Hat as a consultant after eight years with
Lockheed Martin where I supported customers in DoD, DOE, and IC as
System Administrator/Engineer on Linux (particularly Red Hat), Solaris,
and AIX. In the past, sharing code with Red Hat was rather difficult due
to the legal requirements that Lockheed management placed on me (I felt
like Indiana Jones at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark - where my code
was sent away to be reviewed by "Top Experts", after which it was filed
away in a envelope and forgotten.)

I have a ton of scripting experience (particularly in BASH and Python)
that I've used to create and integrate into hardening scripts that I've
used at various customer sites. I'm looking forward to contributing this
knowledge to the scap-security-guide, particularly in some of the
remediation scripts and utilities that will help automate and prepare
systems for C&A (DIACAP and ICD503 processes) required by our government
customers.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me - my
personal cell phone is (575) 496-1206 and my email is fcaviggi at redhat.com

I'm looking forward to writing some code and actually being able to have
it make an impact on the project.

Regards,

Frank Caviggia
Consultant