Any RPM builders? request for help legitimizing EPEL RPM

Josh Bressers bressers at redhat.com
Tue Oct 1 12:29:45 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> This afternoon sgrubb sent over where one could RTFM on the Fedora EPEL
> build system (thanks, Steve!). I was able to perform scratch builds in
> koji (the Fedora build system) tonight:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=6008567
>
> While the SSG RPM builds, several errors are thrown during rpmlint
> validation. The RHEL6/transforms/xccdf2table-* files need to issue
> proper HTML headers, e.g. "<!DOCTYPE html>"
>
> I'll be locked into meetings over the next two days, and I believe Dave
> & Jeff will be too. If anyone is feeling ambitious, patches to start
> resolving these errors would be INCREDIBLY helpful to move the project
> towards having a legitimate RPM in EPEL!

It might make sense to submit your package for EPEL and Fedora, not just
EPEL. That should help prevent having to do this again once Fedora content
is ready.

I'd be happy to review the request once you submit it (presuming nobody
else wants to do it).

--
Josh Bressers / Red Hat Product Security Team