disable_telnet_service

peake at hipkllc.com peake at hipkllc.com
Mon May 13 14:27:49 UTC 2013

 Shawn & Crew.
 First, wish to thank all for your efforts. It was very helpful for me, as I used the SSG to help me ensure I was ready and also as a sanity check after updates are done. We just went through our IV&V and my RHEL6 box did very well.

 Wanted to give some feedback after latest scan regarding the disable_telnet_service check. It is now failing with the latest SSG content w/ openscap 0.9.3 from RH. telnet is not even installed on this box (removing telnet is another STIG). I know I can ignore this, but would think a check would be done to see if it is even installed first, and only do the disable check if telnet is in fact installed.

 Regards,
 Brian