Updates to JBoss EAP5 STIG

Shawn Wells shawn at redhat.com
Sat Mar 9 03:41:25 UTC 2013

On 3/6/13 11:58 AM, Jess Sightler wrote:
> I have updated many of the entries within the JBossEAP5/eap5-xccdf.xml file to contain reference elements referring to the SRG. While this covers well over half of the elements, I found a number of elements that did not appear to correlate directly to the SRG. I have attached the sample patch with most of the elements mapped.

This is great!

I'm planning on re-using Jeff Blank's XSLT transform to turn your
mappings into an HTML table, similar to what we did with RHEL6:
http://people.redhat.com/swells/scap-security-guide/RHEL6/output/table-rhel6-srgmap.html

The rules you mapped will show under the "Rules Mapped" column. I'll
**try** to do this tonight/tomorrow... but may slip to Monday AM.

Also, much of the APP SRG may not directly apply. For the RHEL6 content
we mapped such things to an auxiliary file, stating such things as
"$product meets this requirement through design, and does not need
configuration." Here's what I'm talking about:
http://people.redhat.com/swells/scap-security-guide/RHEL6/input/auxiliary/srg_support.xml

I'll try and include such a thing in my to-be-created patch.

Ack to this though!