Suggestion on the 'Ensure All Files Are Owned...' items

Robert Sanders rsanders at TrustedCS.com
Thu Jul 18 17:11:06 UTC 2013

I was wondering why the tests for 'Ensure all Files Are Owned by a User' and 'Ensure all Files are Owned by a Group' kept on failing.  Drilling down it looks like the underlying find command being used is along the lines of :

find PARTITION -xdev -nouser -print

When I run this command manually I've had complaints that find can't read files in /proc.  Looking at the man page suggests this can be avoided by adding the '-ignore_readdir_race' option before the -xdev option.

This change may need to be added for both SSG items 2.2.3.e and 2.2.3.f

-Rob