RHEL 6.4 released, OpenSCAP rebased

Shawn Wells shawn at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 15:40:31 UTC 2013

For those tracking such things, the SSG project has had dependency on
EPEL versions of OpenSCAP tooling. The choice was made to develop
against the EPEL version of OpenSCAP as it contained needed OVAL and
XCCDF resolve capabilities that were not yet in RHEL6. We planned
(err... crossed our fingers) that we'd be finishing up the SSG STIG work
approximately at the same time that RHEL6 rebases OpenSCAP, which would
be the approximate time DISA releases the Public and Final drafts....

.... And the stars aligned :)

RHEL 6.4 has just been released, which rebased to openscap-0.9.3-1. This
means both users and developers should have all the SCAP toolchain
components you need provided directly in RHEL6 . No more EPEL.

I was able to run a scan, generate the findings report, and create the
remediation scripts this morning. Everything appears working. Let the
mailing list know if you see anything in your own testing.