Draft RHEL6 STIG Released!

Robert Sanders rsanders at TrustedCS.com
Fri Feb 15 16:21:04 UTC 2013

Morning all,
  I've been looking over the draft stig and had some observations (some of which may be complete naïve)

- noticed that *many* of the STIG line items have the content duplicated almost exactly (different CCI number perhaps).  IPv4/IPv6 firewall items for example.  Is there a requirement somewhere that each CCI number must match a discrete STIG?

- regarding the SSH settings - many of the settings for /etc/ssh/sshd_config are duplicated, but I see no corresponding settings for /etc/ssh/ssh_config (Protocol, ciphers, etc).

- really noob one - if IPv6 is disable, can ip6tables actually start?  If not, then by disabling ipv6 you are always going to get dinged by not having ip6tables active.

Other than those questions - outstanding work!

-Rob