Profile Creation Rational

joescap at mm.st joescap at mm.st
Thu Dec 19 16:00:15 UTC 2013

This is just a curiosity question.  In the ssg-rhel6-xccdf.xml there are
several profiles listed:  common, server, stig-rhel6-server,
usgcb-rhel6-server among others.  I was curios how the tests for each
profile was selected, especially the stig-rhel6-server and
usgcb-rhel6-server.  Was this the consensus of a group of SMEs?  Also,
is there anything out there that documents why some tests were included
and others were not.  As I said, just curious about the process.  Thanks