Cross DISA STIG to the SCAP Profiles

joescap at mm.st joescap at mm.st
Tue Dec 17 18:12:24 UTC 2013

Can anyone suggest a way I can cross the tests in the SCAP profiles
(specifically the stig-rhel6-server) with the tests in the official DISA
STIG?   I've looked through the various xml files as well as this
catalog
(http://people.redhat.com/swells/scap-security-guide/RHEL6/output/rhel6-guide-custom.html).
 I don't see any numbers that correspond between the two. The only way I
can see to do it is read every test narrative and try to correlate the
two.

The reason, I have an automated tool that has the full DISA stig loaded
that I'd like to modify to resemble the stig-rhel6-serve profile.  The
tool can not import the SCAP content yet (should be able to soon
though), so in the meantime I'd like to make the DISA STIG look like the
stig-rhel6-server profile as much as I can.  Any suggestions?