SSG Kickoff: RHEL7 Content

Nunez, Luis K lnunez at mitre.org
Fri Dec 13 13:50:38 UTC 2013

Hi Leam,

That’s a good question.  Something I would also like to know.  I am not as familiar with the Aqueduct project and certainly open to leveraging any and all remediation capabilities it offers.  My take on the SSG content as it relates to remediation is to hold the authoritative desired state.  Meaning XCCDF contains values for a fix tool for remediation.   The way I see it bash scripting is one way of doing this.  I’d like to see other methods such as puppet and alike to be able to use XCCDF as a source for fix values.

It would be great to build on bash scripting and expand on to other methods.

Thanks.

-ln