SSG Kickoff: RHEL7 Content

Shawn Wells swells at redhat.com
Thu Dec 12 21:27:15 UTC 2013

The following is a new meeting request:

Subject: SSG Kickoff: RHEL7 Content
Organizer: "Shawn Wells" <swells at redhat.com>

Location: 1-800-451-8679,,,147-852-369-00#
Time: Friday, December 13, 2013, 10:30:00 AM - 11:30:00 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

Required: blank at eclipse.ncsc.mil; davsmith.work at gmail.com; leland.j.steinke.ctr at mail.mil
Optional: scap-security-guide at lists.fedorahosted.org

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

U.S. Bridge:  1-800-451-8679
Passcode: 147-852-360-00

Full international bridge numbers:
https://fedorahosted.org/scap-security-guide/wiki/conferenceline
-----------

RHEL7 beta has been released, time to start on SSG content!

Goals of this call:
- Quickly overview Red Hat's RHEL7 STIG intent
- Identify required steps to port SSG from RHEL6 -> RHEL7
- Form initial work breakdown structure, assign "task leads"
- What OVAL standards will be needed? e.g. systemctl vs init, firewalld, etc
- RHEL6 STIG community feedback: What worked? What should be dropped?

Historically this kickoff call was held only with RH/NSA/DISA FSO stakeholders. In air of transparency, and part science project, we'll have this as an open call. Community members are VERY welcome to join; either to chirp up & give productive feedback on areas of improvement, volunteer to own a piece of the work (e.g. handling the PAM, filesystem, or some other subcomponent), or perhaps silently listen in on the process.

NOTE: As many community members may join the call, and to avoid the inevitable background noises, ALL LINES WILL DEFAULT TO MUTED. To unmute your line, you will NEED to hit *6.

We'll also idle on #ssg-rhel7 on freenode.