Understanding Content

Steinke, Leland J Sr CTR DISA FSO (US) leland.j.steinke.ctr at mail.mil
Wed Dec 11 21:29:12 UTC 2013

The DISA STIG content is based on the SCAP Security Guide (SSG) content.  DISA's STIG-creation processes and additional requirements have caused some divergence in content between the STIG and the SSG.  Getting the actual content (as opposed to the way the content is formatted) in synch is an ongoing effort.  The difference in the XCCDF between the STIG and the SSG is an artifact of the way SCAP has been implemented at DISA.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Thanks,
Leland
--
Leland Steinke, Security+