rhel6 and ptp [SOLVED]

Grant Street grants at al.com.au
Mon Aug 26 01:42:41 UTC 2013

On 15/08/13 16:52, Grant Street wrote:
> Hello
>
> We have a requirement to not mount portable storage devices and we have
> implemented the USB blocking but it appears that gphoto has access to
> camera's and android phones using PTP.
>
> This mounting is done at teh gnome layer as the the device is not
> visibly mounted from the command line, but can be seen in nautilus under
> computer:///
>
> I tried the "2.2.2.e. Disable GNOME Automounting" but it still mounts.
>
> Any one found a solution to this?
>
> Grant
gphoto uses a user space driver and a library
/usr/lib[64]/libgphoto2_port/0.8.0/usb.so

removing access to this file stops gphoto from being able to mount it.

You will want to update the security Guide at
http://people.redhat.com/swells/scap-security-guide/RHEL6/output/rhel6-guide.html.

This has NOTHING to do with the usb-storage kernel modules

Thanks anyway

Grant