New Member Intro

Vincenzo Pierorazio vpierorazio at secure-innovations.net
Thu Aug 22 17:32:29 UTC 2013

Hey everyone -

I'm new to this project. I'm a complete novice when it comes with SCAP so
please be patient haha.  I'm currently having issues with my SSH keys I
believe so I've been just pulling the latest repo daily. In the mean time,
until I can figure out the disconnect, I believe I have some patches
someone can hopefully commit.

Add a refine-value tag for the variable to accept a timeout of 15 minutes
or less in the CS2 profile.
File: .\input\profiles\CS2.xml
Line: 271
<refine-value idref="sshd_idle_timeout_value" selector="15_minutes"
operator="less than or equal" />

In turn, add a value of 15_minutes/900 in the check for the newly defined
value above:
FIle: .\input\services\ssh.xml
Line: 18
<value selector="15_minutes">900</value>

Hopefully that makes some sense and is useful. Still trying to wrap my head
around this stuff.

Thanks!

--
Vincenzo Pierorazio, CISSP, GPEN, C|HFI, OSCP, OSWP
Secure Innovations, LLC