Generalising SSG ...

Trey Henefield trey.henefield at ultra-ats.com
Tue Aug 20 15:36:40 UTC 2013

Just food for thought. Has there been any desire to make changes to SSG to accommodate building other (non-rhel6) SSGs?

I am getting up to speed on its processes, and for practice and actual need, was thinking of creating an SSG for Firefox and Java, and potentially webmin and apache. However, I noticed rhel6 is embedded all throughout.

I have noticed that most of the processes in place can be repurposed. With some changes to the makefile and a repurposed input folder, should this be possible?

I was just hoping to get some further insight before going down this long path.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Trey Henefield, CISSP
Senior IAVA Engineer

Ultra Electronics
Advanced Tactical Systems, Inc.
4101 Smith School Road
Building IV, Suite 100
Austin, TX 78744 USA

Trey.Henefield at ultra-ats.com
Tel: +1 512 327 6795 ext. 647
Fax: +1 512 327 8043
Mobile: +1 512 541 6450

www.ultra-ats.com

Disclaimer
The information contained in this communication from trey.henefield at ultra-ats.com sent at 2013-08-20 11:36:43 is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for use by scap-security-guide at lists.fedorahosted.org and others authorized to receive it. If you are not scap-security-guide at lists.fedorahosted.org you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.