SCAP 1.2 DataStream File Format

Shawn Wells shawn at redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 11:44:38 UTC 2013

On 4/24/13 6:36 AM, Simon Lukasik wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> If someone wants to play with DataStream file format which comes with
> SCAP 1.2 specification. He (or she) can use the latest OpenSCAP to
> convert SSG to DataStream.
>
> I have written step-by-step instructions how to convert USGCB to
> DataStream:http://isimluk.livejournal.com/3660.html
>
> Best regards,

Thank you! I'm about to hop on a plane and will try this out.

$ oscap ds sds-compose output/ssg-rhel6-xccdf.xml ssg-rhel6-xccdf-ds.xml
File '/var/www/html/scap-security-guide/RHEL6/ssg-rhel6-xccdf-ds.xml'
line 15609: Element '{http://checklists.nist.gov/xccdf/1.1}Benchmark':
This element is not expected. Expected is one of (
{http://checklists.nist.gov/xccdf/1.2}Benchmark,
{http://oval.mitre.org/XMLSchema/oval-definitions-5}oval_definitions,
{http://scap.nist.gov/schema/ocil/2.0}ocil,
{http://cpe.mitre.org/dictionary/2.0}cpe-list,
{http://checklists.nist.gov/xccdf/1.2}Tailoring ).
Invalid SCAP Source Datastream content(1.2) in
/var/www/html/scap-security-guide/RHEL6/ssg-rhel6-xccdf-ds.xml.

Clearly we have some items to clean up.