xsltproc and bash-ks

Jeffrey Blank blank at eclipse.ncsc.mil
Thu Sep 20 22:36:25 UTC 2012

Hi Spencer,

The only rationale was that I wasn't aware of anyone using it, and also
because the fixes file that it references wasn't at all complete.  I had
considered deleting both fix insertion lines just to keep things as
simple as possible in the Makefile.  But I'm perfectly happy to keep it
in or change it if it helps you.

The complication of adding OCIL generation to the Makefile will likely
prompt me to re-work some of the Makerules before too long.  Renaming
all the output files to comply with (IIRC) 800-126 is also long overdue.

Please also be aware that David is working on making some of the messier
Rules (and OVAL checks) more granular, so I'd keep an eye out for that.
 I think we both know that developing remediation content prior to
comprehensive QA of the SCAP checking content made any bumps so very
predictable, but we certainly intend to be responsive with regard to
interoperation with remediation tooling.

Jeff