List of user accounts

Joe Wulf joe_wulf at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 22:07:13 UTC 2012

In production environments, it will always depend on what that servers' requirements are.

We can try to assume that, in general, a 'production' server wouldn't have such-and-such (whatever part or piece is applicable to the discussion, 'X' in this case).  Doesn't translate to real-world many times.

An approach that does work well, is to say that for a security 'standard', we'll recommend not installing such-and-such.  When you don't have it, your system is 'compliant'.  When you do have it, it isn't a 'failure' per se, but a noticeable event that is 'less' secure than the recommendation.

R,
-Joe