very short-term project goals

Jeffrey Blank blank at eclipse.ncsc.mil
Wed Oct 10 15:43:34 UTC 2012

The short term goals this week are:

1) Add the 8 or so items that were identified as present in the RHEL 5
STIG but in need of addition to the RHEL 6 pre-draft STIG profile in
scap-security-guide. David will be working on this, with support from me.

2) Update/complete transition notes to reflect current status (and
provide evidence to support any particular direction) at:
http://people.redhat.com/swells/scap-security-guide/RHEL6/output/table-rhel5-stig-manual-withnotes.html

Additions to the transition notes (by providing a diff or even text
fragments for input/auxiliary/transition_notes.xml) are welcome from any
parties who wish to document their position during the consensus process.

I will also shortly send out an invitation for a DoD Consensus concall
for later next week to review this list, so that any points of
contention are openly resolved.

By the time of the concall, the transition notes should be fairly close
to a state of consensus with regard to best-practice guidance from RHEL
5 being retained in the RHEL 6 guidance.  My current understanding is
that requirements as defined in the OS SRG are met (or documented if unmet).