Only get (null) results when executing scap-security-guide-0.1-7

Thorsten Scherf tscherf at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 12:24:22 UTC 2012

On [Mon, 19.11.2012 10:57], Simon Lukasik wrote:
>On 11/19/2012 10:44 AM, Peter Gustafsson wrote:
>> I only get (null) result on almost all test when using
>> scap-security-guide-0.1-6 or scap-security-guide-0.1-7.
>>
>> I'm executing the test on a rhel 6.3 box having below version of
>> openscap installed:
>> openscap-utils-0.8.0-2.el6.x86_64
>> openscap-0.8.0-2.el6.x86_64
[...]
>Most probably you are hitting issue described at
>
>https://www.redhat.com/archives/open-scap-list/2012-October/msg00022.html
>
>Scap-security-guide project started to use SCAP features which are not
>supported by OpenSCAP version in rhel6.3. Basically I can see following
>
> - use an older snapshot of scap-security-guide
> - wait for rhel6.4 update of openscap
> - use fixed (but unofficial) build of openscap
> - remove problematic bits from SSG content (remove all ocil checks)

Any chances the fix will make it into the RHEL-6.3 stream?!

Cheers,
Thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherf
Senior Consultant

Global Professional Services,  Red Hat EMEA
Hauptstaetterstr. 58  D-70178 Stuttgart  Germany

----   Sorry, the following legal stuff is required by law  ----
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 11 -15, 85630 Grasbrunn
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 153243
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Brendan Lane,  Charlie Peters, Michael Cunningham,
Charles Cachera