using SCC/CSCC with SSG content

Shawn Wells shawn at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 13:47:46 UTC 2012

On 11/12/12 7:54 AM, Peter Vrabec wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> we have identified a bug in our sysctl probe. It explains why it fails
> for you.
>
> tracking at:
> https://fedorahosted.org/openscap/ticket/271
>
> ---
>
> Please note that there is also problem in the content. At least
> "enable_randomize_va_space" is not very robust. It only consider value
> "1" to be correct, but it could be "2" as well.

Yes, much of the existing OVAL content is infested with suck (and this
is broadly acknowledged). We focused on getting the XCCDF locked in to
create the RHEL6 STIG InitialDraft submission, which OVAL was not a part
of. People will see much more work on the OVAL components through this
and next week.