using SCC/CSCC with SSG content

Brian Peake PEAKE at HIPKLLC.COM
Thu Nov 8 18:13:52 UTC 2012

Thanks Peter for the feedback! Comments below…

Very Respectfully,
Brian Peake

On 11/8/12 11:39 AM, "Peter Vrabec" <pvrabec at redhat.com> wrote:

>Hi Brian,
>
>thnx. for the feedback. I have reviewed couple of your findings.
>
> > 1. Set_bootloader_password
> > 2. Enable_auditd_bootloader
> > 3. Limit_password_reuse
> > 4. All the pam_cracklib.so settings you already mentioned...
>

>These all ^^^ should be already fixed when we fixed #4. It's a same
>problem - textfilecontent54 on symlink.

Excellent news. Looking fwd to 0.9.2

> > Other parameters that fail also, that I KNOW are set properly:
> > 1. kernel_module_bluetooth_disabled
> > 2. sshd_set_idle_timeout
> > 3. sshd_disable_empty_passwords
> > 4. sshd_do_not_permit_user_env
>
>I have reviewed #1 so far. Unfortunately(or fortunately :)) I can't
>reproduce the fail you can see.
>
>If I put
>"
>alias bluetooth on
>alias net-pf-31 on
>"
>into "dist.conf" file and run the scan I get
>Title   Disable Bluetooth Kernel Modules
>Rule    kernel_module_bluetooth_disabled
>Ident   CCE-14948-4
>Result  pass

Well I was using /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf… I tried adding to
distro.conf

alias bluetooth on
alias net-pf-31 on

With same results.
# grep -r bluetooth /etc/modprobe.conf /etc/modprobe.d
grep: /etc/modprobe.conf: No such file or directory
/etc/modprobe.d/dist.conf:alias bluetooth on
/etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf:install bluetooth /bin/true

Grep reports the same for net-pf-31, So I am not sure why it is failing
for me.