Howdy

Patrick Rutledge prutledg at redhat.com
Wed May 23 11:20:45 UTC 2012

Hello all.  I am new to the list.  My name is Patrick Rutledge, I am a Sr. Consultant at Red Hat.
I have been working closely in the federal space for the last 7+ years so I am somewhat in tune with their security needs and focus.  Recently I spent almost a year working on a project in which I deployed a hardened version of ESXi using a modified distribution containing a special kickstart and other OS tweaks in order to have it easily deployed overseas to comply with DISA STIGs.  Before that I was working for 7 years at a government customer where I was deeply involved with the scanning and hardening of Unix and Linux systems.  Another security related interest I have is high bandwidth one way data transfers, in which I hope to start an open source project on soon.
Im ramping up right now with SCAP and hope to be able to provide a RHEL+KVM solution as my first attempt.  In doing so, I will also spend some time looking at the current RHEL configurations to fill in any missing pieces.
I look forward to working with you all on this project!

Thanks,

pat