ldap_client_tls_checkpeer question

Joe Nall joe at nall.com
Sun May 20 19:11:15 UTC 2012

There are a number of checks like ldap_client_tls_checkpeer that look for a string or value in a file that are not sensitive to whether the relevant application is installed. What is the preferred way to deal with this problem? I would prefer not to create unused config files just to make a bogus test happy.

Is there a good example in the code of how to test for installation then configuration?

I know I can profile my way around this, but down that path is failures to identify issues when a package is added to a system under management.

joe