NTP encryption guidance

Jeffrey Blank blank at eclipse.ncsc.mil
Tue Jul 17 22:25:26 UTC 2012

This is a reasonable start on where we'd like to go (having a discussion
about authentication/security options), but let's try to flesh this out
a bit more.

Our goal is not to repeat the documentation here:
http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/ConfiguringAutokey
or here:
http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/AccessRestrictions#Section_6.5.3.1.

...but to provide a few XCCDF Rules and OVAL checks that would:
1) provide (basic) info to admins on what they'd need to configure to
get some security benefit (while referencing the authoritative docs)
2) allow for an enterprise admin to run checks to determine if system
are configured a certain way.

For ntp, it's looking complicated.

I also updated the wiki to try to show how we've been using
git-send-email (in an attempt to lure other developers):
https://fedorahosted.org/scap-security-guide/wiki/becomeadeveloper