/etc/shadow and gshadow mode 0400 or 0?

Gary Gapinski gary at garygapinski.com
Fri Aug 31 22:55:00 UTC 2012

On 08/31/2012 06:04 PM, Steinke, Leland J CTR DISA FSO (US) wrote:
> I'm certain others will correct me if I am wrong, but...
>
> CCEs should not be shared between successive generations of operating system software.

I will not correct you, but ask for a citation for such an assertion. It
may well be a doctrine held by some. Best that the proponents be outed.
At a minimum, it would be a good idea to have a reference to the origin
of the idea at which to focus adversity thereon.

Whether or not one can be provided, I'll additionally assert that such
an idea is sadly deficient in common sense.

If indeed there exists such a citation, it provides a locus at which
such an idea can be reviled, as is proper for such ideas.

Regards,

Gary