OpenSCAP and SSG testing

Peter Vrabec pvrabec at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 15:58:02 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I'd like to encourage you to help OpenSCAP upstream with development.
Installing the latests oscap tool and testing both SSG content and
OpenSCAP together is beneficial.

You don't need to build it yourself. We provide packages for Fedora,
RHEL and CentOS.

http://www.open-scap.org/page/Download

My testing procedure:

--- VALIDATE INPUT ---
$ oscap xccdf validate-xml
ssg/RHEL6/output/rhel6-xccdf-scap-security-guide.xml
$ oscap oval validate-xml --schematron
ssg/RHEL6/output/rhel6-oval-scap-security-guide.xml

--- EVAL ---
$ oscap xccdf eval --profile common --results ssg-xccdf-results.xml
--oval-results ssg/RHEL6/output/rhel6-xccdf-scap-security-guide.xml

--- VALIDATE OUTPUT ---
$ oscap xccdf validate-xml ssg-xccdf-results.xml
$ oscap oval validate-xml --results --schematron
rhel6-oval-scap-security-guide.xml.result.xml

Regards,
Peter.