Seeking Input: CCI-001459 Remediation - Temp Account Termination

Shawn Wells shawn at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 19:18:22 UTC 2012

Hey Guys,

     CCI-001459 requires that temp accounts be terminated after a
organizationally defined period of time. Right now we don't have a
check/control that implements that.

     I'd like to add prose that recommends that -ALL- accounts be locked
after 60 (or  90... or 120..) days of inactivity. This would allow us to
automatically meet CCI-001459 and enforces that inactive accounts should
(eventually and automatically) be frozen.

     Thoughts? My thinking is that 90 days of inactivity is a good number.

-Shawn