WG: how to change resource name programmatically

SALEWSKI, Steffen Steffen.Salewski at ser.de
Tue Jun 22 15:29:39 UTC 2010

Hi All,

@Joseph:
Thank you very much for the instructions how to add a manual resource to RHQ. This helped me a lot!

@All:
Now, I also have the problem to rename my added resource. I found out that there is the possibility to change properties (e.g. the name of a resource) by calling the equivalent setter method:

var res = ResourceManager.getResource(subject, 10001)
res.setName("My Resource Name")

The question now is: How to commit this property change via CLI, so it is updated on the server?

I could not find an update method or something equal in the CLI API. Btw, another question: Where to find the most recent API description for the CLI interface? The one I currently use is: http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_ON/2.3/api/remote-api/index.html But there the DiscoveryBoss is completely undescribed. Is there some?

Best regards,
Steffen