Is it possible to manually add a resource via CLI?

Joseph Marques jmarques at redhat.com
Sun Jun 20 17:49:09 UTC 2010

Any database instances should be automatically discovered via a process
scan.  All you need to do it search for resources in the NEW state:

rhqadmin at localhost:7080$var  criteria =new  ResourceCriteria()

rhqadmin at localhost:7080$ criteria.addFilterInventoryStatus(InventoryStatus.NEW)

rhqadmin at localhost:7080$var  resources = ResourceManager.findResourcesByCriteria(criteria)

And then import them:

rhqadmin at localhost:7080$DiscoveryBoss.importResources(<resourceIds>)

The method that you used below worked in this case because it is legal
to manually add resources that would already be sitting in the
auto-discovery queue.  After importing these resources, you'll likely
have to set the connection password.  You can do this with:

rhqadmin at localhost:7080$var  connectionProperties = ConfigurationManager.getPluginConfiguration(<resourceId>)

rhqadmin at localhost:7080$ // iterate the properties, setting them as necessary

rhqadmin at localhost:7080$ConfigurationManager.updatePluginConfiguration(<resourceId>, connectionProperties)

-----

If, however, some of your PG servers are not automatically discovery by
the Agent on that box, then you can try to manually add them yourself
via the CLI:

rhqadmin at localhost:7080$var  parentId = // find resource id of the platform under which your PG server is running

rhqadmin at localhost:7080$var  typeId = // find type id of PG Server via ResourceTypeManager.findResourceTypesByCriteria

rhqadmin at localhost:7080$var  params = // build Configuration object representing connection properties (PGData dir, pwd)

rhqadmin at localhost:7080$var  newPostgresResource = DiscoveryBoss.manuallyAddResource(typeId, parentId, params)

This is the programmatic equivalent to what you did below in the user
interface.

-joseph