RHq-Metrics Use cases ( was Re: No concept of a platform? )

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 09:18:47 UTC 2015

Le 14/01/2015 17:18, John Sanda a écrit :
> As for the UI and JAX-RS dependency, undertow is available in WF core,
> and it supports servlets and web sockets out of the box right? To
> eliminate the JAX-RS dependency, couldn’t we either 1) implement the
> REST endpoints directly in servlet code ourselves or 2) expose a web
> sockets API that the UI uses? My preference would be web sockets instead
> of trying to implement a bunch of stuff that we get with JAX-RS.

If we need websockets for the console then let's add it. But that
shouldn't be a reason to abandon the RESTful API.

That doesn't mean we need to stick to JAX-RS. But then we would have to
write code or integrate libraries  which provides the things we use from
the spec (please reply if I forgot or misrepresented something) :
* routing
* parameter binding
* content negotiation (selecting a method to handle the request and
serializing the result in the appropriate format)

Also JAX-RS allows for an annotation-based swagger integration.

Eventually, we need to consider the impact on integration with KC.

I'll think more about this and will come back with a plan, if you agree.