RHq-Metrics Use cases ( was Re: No concept of a platform? )

Heiko Braun ike.braun at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 14 15:38:49 UTC 2015

> On 14 Jan 2015, at 14:57, Heiko W.Rupp <hrupp at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> I see the following use cases for rhq-metrics in itself and a larger context:
>
> 1)  embedded usage in WildFly console (standalone)

the memory storage doesn’t work in domain mode so it’s not an option

> 1b) like the above, but if people are happy to accept longer startup, it is using an embedded C*
>  server that follows the WildFly lifecycle

yes, that’s what the cassandra subsystem does (talking about the subsystem,not the rhq C* EAR deployment)

> 2) embedded usage in WildFly console but with external RHQ-Metrics Server

already supported through the monitor subsystem, but lacks the (necessary) out-of-the-box experience.

1b) is what I want. but two things prevent this:

- unclear multi-node behaviour/constraints
- the rhq UI depends on jaxrs, which prevents embedding it

/heikob