[rhq-metrics] Use of tenant id's / tags

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 11:21:38 UTC 2015

> Am 08.01.2015 um 09:00 schrieb Heiko Braun <ike.braun at googlemail.com>:
> If we have the same metric from different sources (i.e. same service on different hosts), would tenant id’s be used to distinguish the sources or tags?

A tenant is from my point of view rather a different organization or organizational unit than a prefix to
e.g. differentiate two wildfly servers.

Usually tenants will have access rights only for metrics that have the same tenant id (there will be a way
to grant rights to users from other tenants).

If you only have one organization and will be able to give that grant, then yes tenant ids can (theoretically)
be used to differentiate sources