Scalability issues in RHQ 4.9 - A summary

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Sat Mar 8 12:10:51 UTC 2014

Am 08.03.2014 um 02:59 schrieb Elias Ross <genman at noderunner.net>:

> I wouldn't mind working on some Cassandra features either. I could
> work on moving events to Cassandra, but I'm not sure how interested I
> am in dealing with the data migration steps or whatnot.

As you probably know is Fuse Fabric8 also part of the Red Hat family and
we are checking how we can work together so that they can use parts of
what we have an vice versa.
Fabric8 is (iirc) using ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash Kibana) for parts of
what we call Events (Logs are one kind of events, but also incoming snmp
traps, JMX notifications etc. could be Events in RHQ). So we are also
checking if ELK could be something for RHQ.
And then there is Solandra (https://github.com/tjake/Solandra ) that is Solr
search on top of Cassandra, so that we could perhaps end up with ELCK here.

I just mention that, as we are aware that the current Events have some
room for improvement and I do not want you to spend energy on something
that will be changing/replacing soonish anyway. There is no decision made,
and of course every input is very welcome.

  Heiko