Advice on RHQ agent metrics capacity

Steven North swn at ocsystems.com
Wed Feb 26 23:18:33 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm looking for some advice and/or experience with the RHQ agent capacity for handling metrics.  I am considering an environment where there may be on the order of 80,000 metrics might be collected from a single platform.

Could an RHQ agent possibly handle that many metrics per minute?  Per 5 minutes?  Would there be a way to start multiple RHQ agents on a platform to distribute the load?

What about the RHQ server?  Any experience on the capacity of metrics  per minute?

Thanks in advance.

Steve