JMX notifications with EMS

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon Aug 18 09:26:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

> At least the sourcecode hasn't changed, so I'm assuming it's still an issue. In 4.10-SNAPSHOT (a bit before release) this

Yes. And I see this first as a memory leak (as Elias has reported).
We have our own fork of Ems now and can "easily" fix this.

> was at least an issue, since RHQ would get spammed with notification if you tried to use that feature (the SOA5/JBossESB)-platform has monitoring capabilities through notifications (such as long processing time / too big messages) and it was a disaster as my RHQ got spammed without thousands and thousands of event suddenly. They were cleared from the server side, but I didn't continue investigating at that point why they flooded the RHQ.

This sounds pretty strange, as at least the ems code does not make user of the list of notifications.
We should perhaps try to find out what the plugin you mention was doing to ensure it continues working.

Heiko